VON is a charity organization that has been leading in home and community care in Canada for over a century. It is one of the first organizations in Canada to offer home care, public health nursing, and community support services. VON’s services reach over 10,000 people across the cities of Ontario and Nova Scotia every day.
VON is however seeking the service of new graduates, retired nurses, or experienced nurses interested in getting back into the nursing profession to apply for the vacant position at the organization. Qualified applicants can become eligible for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN), which is in courtesy of the Health Force Ontario, which offers a $25,000 incentive to qualified nurses in exchange for a 24-month commitment to a qualified employer. Interested applicants can view the eligibility requirements for the CCPN program by clicking here.
Employer’s Name: VON Canada
Position: Registered Nurse, Visiting Nurse
No. of Vacancies: 11
Salary: $35.03 to $42.93 per hour (negotiable), 30 to 60 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment, part-time employment leading to fulltime
Schedule: Days, Evenings, and Weekends
Location: Scarborough, Ontario
Setting: On the road job
Languages: Candidate must possess the knowledge of English Language
Education: Applicants must possess the minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: The candidate must have at least 7 months to less than a year of experience in the field
Successful candidates will enjoy the following benefits:
- Candidates will receive a comprehensive orientation program
- Candidates will enjoy the opportunity of using their skills and expanding their knowledge
- Candidates will receive competitive salaries and vacation
- Candidates will receive Tiered Benefits such as health plan, dental plan, and TLD, and also an Employee Assistance Program
- Candidates will enjoy a defined benefit pension plan with company contribution
- Candidates will receive travel compensation
- Candidates will be provided a smartphone to keep them connected during work time
- Candidates will have the opportunity of making a difference in their community
- Candidates will enjoy the opportunity of working with an organization that is over 120 years strong
- Candidates will enjoy the opportunity of having access to VON supports through various learning opportunities
- Candidates will enjoy working in a place full of comfort, connection, and a sense of belonging
- The candidate must be licensed as a registered nurse in the province of practice
- Candidates with palliative care experience and/ or palliative care course will be given preference to
- Candidates must have experience working with pediatric or palliative clients
- Candidates/Nurses with experience in Infusion and Central Line are preferred
- Candidates should have excellent assessment, teaching, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Candidates should be willing to travel frequently (or constantly) as work locations may sometimes vary
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to adapt nursing practice to operating independently in various situations. They must also be able to work in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
- Candidates with clinical practice and/ or Community Health experience will be more preference
- The candidate should have basic computer skills. He/ she should be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and other healthcare team members
- The candidate should be able to maintain accurate, complete healthcare records and reports
- The candidate should be able to administer medications to patients and monitor them for side effects and reactions
- The candidate should be able to prescribe assistive medical devices and related treatments
- The candidate should be able to record patient vitals and medical information
- The candidate should be able to order medical diagnostic and clinical tests
- The candidate should be able to monitor, report and record symptoms or changes in patient’s conditions
- The candidate should be able to assess, implement, evaluate, and plan patient nursing care plans by working with other healthcare team members
- The candidate should be able to modify patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses to treatment
- The candidate should be able to inspect the facilities and take necessary actions to maintain excellent hygiene and safety
- The candidate should be able to expand their knowledge and capabilities by attending educational workshops, conferences, seminars, etc.
Who can apply?
This job is only available to individuals who meet any of the following requirements:
- The applicant is a Canadian citizen or the applicant has a permanent or temporary Canadian Residence
- The applicant has a valid Canadian work permit
Applicants that are not authorized to legally work in Canada should not apply, as the employer will not respond to their application.
How to apply
Applicants can apply online by clicking here
Applicants are also expected to provide answers to the following screening questions when sending their application:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
The closing date for applications to this position is Friday, June 2, 2023.