SNOWMAN is seeking the service of a responsible and experienced administrative assistant to assist with a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. SNOWMAN is a company specializing in the management of snow and ice for commercial and industrial, townhouse, apartment, condominium, and non-profit properties within Kitchener-Waterloo, Canada.
The administrative assistant will help in handling administrative requests, organizing and scheduling appointments, planning meetings, and other administrative tasks.
Employer’s Name: SNOWMAN
Position: Administrative Assistant
No. of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 per hour (negotiable), 8 to 37.5 hours per week
Employment Type: Seasonal employment, part-time employment leading to fulltime
Schedule: Flexible Hours, To be determined, Morning, 08:30 am to 4:30 pm
Location: Huron and Tye Road, New Hamburg, Ontario, N3A 2C4
Start Date: As soon as August 1, 2023
Languages: Candidate must possess the knowledge of English Language
Education: Applicants must possess the minimum of a Secondary (High) School graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years to less than 3 years in the field
Successful candidates will enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus on salary
- Free parking space
- Variable/compressed workweek
- Gasoline will be paid for, etc.
- The candidate should be specialized in correspondence, reports and records, contacts, and invoices
- The candidate must be great at multi-tasking with excellent communication skills and a cheerful attitude
- The candidate must be able to support the management and help all visitors to the company by taking charge of office tasks and providing courteous and professional assistance through the mail, phone, and e-mails. The candidate should be able to make a positive presence in the administration
- The candidate should have excellent computer skills, especially in typing
- The candidate should pay attention to details and have the desire to be proactive and create a remarkable experience for others
- The candidate should have his/ her own source of transportation as public transportation is not available; gasoline would be paid for by the company
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, work excellently under pressure and meet tight deadlines. The candidate should also be able to work on repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be skilled in office management systems and procedures and possess working knowledge of office equipment like fax machines and printers
- The candidate should be proficient in MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Publisher), Quick Books, accounting software, and other desktop publishing software
- The candidate should understand technical terminologies in the financial and business sectors
- The candidate should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills
- The candidate should be able to decide and establish office procedures and routines
- The candidate should be able to confirm and schedule appointments. The candidate should also be able to answer telephone calls and relay telephone calls and messages. He/ she should be able to answer electronic enquires
- The candidate should be able to compile statistics and other information. The candidate should be able to assign, coordinate and review projects and programs
- The candidate should be able to order office supplies and keep up with inventory. The candidate should be able to open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other materials and co-ordinate the flow of information
- The candidate should be able to set up and sustain manual and computerized information filing systems
- The candidate should be able to type and proofread correspondence, forms, and other document
- The candidate should be able to handle contracts. The candidate should be able to act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- The candidate should be able to interact with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
Who can apply?
This job is only available to individuals who meet any of the following requirements:
- The applicant is a Canadian citizen or the applicant has a permanent or temporary Canadian Residence
- The applicant has a valid Canadian work permit
- Older persons are also eligible to apply
Applicants that are not authorized to legally work in Canada should not apply, as the employer will not respond to their application.
How to apply
Applicants can apply online by clicking here.
They can also apply by sending their application to [email protected]
They must also include the following in their application:
- Cover letter
- References confirming the stated experience
Applicants are also expected to provide answers to the following screening questions when sending their application:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you available to start on the advertised start date?
- Do you currently live close to the advertised location?
- Do you have any previous experience in this field of job?
- What is your highest educational qualification?
The closing date for applications to this position is Wednesday, May 17, 2023.