Victoria Speech and Language Centre Inc (VSLC) is seeking talented and qualified individuals to submit applications for the role of Occupational Therapist in the organization. It is an excellent evidence-based speech-language and occupational therapy service provider to adults and children. It consists of a team of highly experienced speech-language pathology and occupational therapy experts working together as a collaborative team.
VSLC is currently accepting applications for the role of an occupational therapist to join the team of occupational therapists in addressing clients’ performance to support and assist injured and disabled patients through the use of therapeutic everyday activities. They work towards improving their recovery to resume their everyday life as closely as possible.
Employer’s Name: Victoria Speech and Language Centre Inc
Position: Occupational Therapist (OT)
No. of Vacancies: 3
Salary: $40.00 to $105.00 per hour (negotiable), 15 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment, part-time employment leading to fulltime
Location: Victoria, BC
Start Date: As soon as possible
Languages: Candidate must possess the knowledge of English Language
Education: Applicants must possess the minimum of a Master’s degree or any equivalent experience
Experience: Applicants with experience in the field are given much preference to
Successful candidates will enjoy the following benefits:
- Free parking space
- Variable/compressed workweek
- Learning or training paid by the employer
- Team building opportunities
- The candidate should have working experience as an Occupational Therapist. The candidate should have excellent knowledge of the principles and practices of occupational therapy
- The candidate should be able to manage patients with different types of personalities. The candidate should have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- The candidate should possess current knowledge of treatment practices per discipline and have the urge to continue learning and growing in the profession.
- The candidate should possess up-to-date knowledge of treatment practices and physical therapy programs
- The candidate should have practical experience with computer programs and creative media. The candidate should be familiar with ADLs evaluation tools such as the Katz ADL scale and Lawton IADL scale
- The candidate should have a valid license to practice Occupational Therapist from the provincial or territorial authorities
- The candidate should own a means of transportation and a valid driver’s license. The candidate should be willing to travel
- The candidate should be able to combine sitting, standing, bending, crouching, kneeling, and walking. He/ she should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills
- The candidate should be organized, flexible, initiative, and reliable. The candidate should be a team player and a person of integrity, values, and ethics
- The candidate should be able to analyze their client’s capabilities and expectations related to life activities through observation, interviews, and formal assessments
- The candidate should be able to develop and implement various treatment programs and evaluate treatment progress. The candidate should be able to maintain clinical and progress reports
- The candidate should be able to advise clients on adaptive equipment that will help the (clients) with their daily activities
- The candidate should be able to develop physical rehabilitation programs to help clients regain their lost skills
- The candidate should be able to evaluate the results and progress of occupational therapy on clients
- The candidate should be able to maintain professional knowledge and technical progress in order to provide clients with the best treatment program available
- The candidate should be able to incorporate interventions to maximize safety and performance in ADL (Activities of Daily Living) and IADL (Instrumental Activities of Daily Living)
- The candidate should be able to teach clients new ways of approaching tasks and educate them on how to break down activities into achievable components
- The candidate should be able to assess the client’s homes and surrounding environments and advice them on alterations consistent with their needs and capabilities
- The candidate should be able to regularly follow up on clients
Who can apply?
This job is available to individuals who meet any of the following requirements:
- The applicant is a Canadian citizen or the applicant has a permanent or temporary Canadian Residence
- Candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit
- Newcomers to Canada are also eligible to apply for this job
How to apply
Applicants can apply by sending their application to [email protected]
They must also include the following in their application:
- Cover letter
Applicants are also expected to provide answers to the following screening questions when sending their application:
- Are you currently able to work in Canada legally?
- Are you available to start on the advertised start date?
- What is your highest educational qualification?
The closing date for applications to this position is Friday, June 2, 2023.