National Fresh Foods is seeking talented, creative, and experienced individuals to apply for the post of software developer opened in one of its retail stores. Nations Fresh Foods is a multicultural grocery founded in Woodbridge store that provides a wide variety of grocery items from all over the world to customers.
The Software Developer will be responsible for the development, design, and implementation of new and existing software products for ongoing business projects. He/she will be working hand-in-hand with the business IT professionals and will be involved with the Business Analysts and Development Managers to make sure software projects meet all stated requirements.
Employer’s Name: Nations Fresh Foods
Position: Software Developer
No. of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $44.00 per hour (negotiable), 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment, Fulltime
Location: 1980 St. Clair Avenue, Woodbridge, Toronto, Ontario, M6N 0A3
Start Date: As soon as possible
Work Setting: Retail business
Languages: Candidate must possess the knowledge of English Language
Education: Applicants must possess the minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or any equivalent experience
Experience: Applicants should have at least 1 year to less than 2 years experience
- The candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or any related degree
- The candidate must be a full-stack developer and must understand the concepts of software engineering. The candidate should have deep knowledge of programming language
- The candidate should have the knowledge of software development life-cycle and should have experience working on a variety of software development projects
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to develop unit testing of code components of complete applications
- Creative candidates are preferred
- The candidate should be able to research, design, implement, and manage software programs. The candidate should be able to test and evaluate new programs
- The candidate should be able to maintain existing computer programs by making modifications where necessary. The candidate should be able to recognize and report technical problems, processes, and solutions
- The candidate should be able to prepare reports, manuals, and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software
- The candidate should be able to assist in the collection and documentation of the user’s requirements. The candidate should be able to assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
- The candidate should be able to program animation software to laid out specifications for interactive DVDs, CDs, internet-based applications, and video game cartridges
- The candidate should be able to write, adjust, integrate, and test software code for e-commerce and other Internet applications
- The candidate should be able to train users in software design. The candidate should also be able to work closely with other developers, UX designers, business and system analysts
- The candidate should be able to work with customers and departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance
- The candidate should be capable of analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modification of existing systems
- The candidate should be able to discuss with engineering staff to assess software and hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements
- The candidate should be able to direct system testing and validation procedures. The candidate should be able direct software programming and documentation development
Who can apply?
This job is only available to individuals who meet any of the following requirements:
- The applicant is a Canadian citizen or the applicant has a permanent or temporary Canadian Residence
- The applicant has a valid Canadian work permit
Applicants that are not authorized to legally work in Canada should not apply, as the employer will not respond to their application.
How to apply?
Applicants can apply by sending their application to [email protected]
They must also include the following in their application:
- Link to their online portfolio
The closing date for applications to this position is Friday, June 2, 2023.