Bulk Barn Foods Limited provides first-class bulk food retail service to specialty stores operating under the name of “Burk Barn”. It is currently accepting applications from qualified and experienced candidates for the post of cashier in one of its retail outlets in Aurora Ontario, Canada. The cashier is to help in operating the cash register, processing money, cheques, and payments, and providing other services as stated below.
Employer’s Name: Bulk Barn Foods Limited
No. of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $14.75 per hour, 12 to 25 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment, Part-time
Schedule: Days, Mornings, Evenings, Weekends
Location: 320 Don Hillock Drive, Aurora, Ontario L4G 0G9, CA
Work Setting: Retail business, Supermarket/ Grocery store
Languages: Candidate must possess the knowledge of English Language
Education: Candidate must have at least a Secondary (High) School graduation certificate
Experience: The candidate must have about 1 to 7 months of experience in the field
- Candidates should be able to handle all transactions accurately and responsibly
- Candidates should have a high level of energy with strong customer service skills
- Candidates should have basic math and computer skills
- Candidates should be able to stand for extended periods, walk around, and lift heavy items. They should also be able to work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to offer excellent service to customers
- Candidates should be able to pay rapt attention to details
- Candidates should have excellent time management skills
- Candidates should be customer satisfaction-oriented
- Candidates should be able to maintain composure when dealing with annoying, frustrated, or flustered customers
- Candidates should be able to report to the supervisor or retail manager
- Candidates should be able to control the cash register
- Candidates should be able to process money, credit and debit card, and cheques payments
- Candidates should be able to scan items. They should also be able to receive payments and tabulate total payments for goods and services required
- Candidates should be able to greet customers and offer suggestive selling. They should be able to offer exceptional customer service. Candidates should be also able to accept reservations or take-out orders
- Candidates should be able to stock shelves and display areas and clean counter areas. Candidates should be able to pick up debris and dispose of trash containers. They should also be able to package take-out foods
- Candidates should be able to monitor all entrances and exits and request proof of payment when necessary
- Candidates should be able to partake in promotional activities
- Candidates should be able to follow all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items
- Candidates should be able to balance the cash register and generate reports for credit and debit sales
- Candidates should be able to open scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics
Who can apply?
This job is only available to individuals who meet any of the following requirements:
- The applicant is a Canadian citizen or the applicant has a permanent or temporary Canadian Residence
- The applicant has a valid Canadian work permit
Applicants that are not authorized to legally work in Canada should not apply, as the employer will not respond to their application.
How to apply
Applicants can apply by sending a mail to [email protected]
Applicants are also expected to provide answers to the following screening questions when sending their application:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently live close to the advertised location?
The closing date for applications to this position is Friday, June 2, 2023.